Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Final Reflection - Chase Smith

As always, this trip has made a difference in my life and the way I think of things.  This was my seventh time accompanying Carol and Christine and our teens to the Dominican Republic.  I think the number of times I have gone on this trip speaks for itself.  I do it because it gives me the opportunity to help others that need it most. 







One thing I love about the DR is no matter how little or how much you are, most men, women, and children have a big smile on their face and will forever greet you with “Hola”.  I loved seeing each of the teens that participated in the trip grow in different ways. They all gained skills they can use the rest of their life.  I would recommend this service trip to anyone.  It is a great chance to further your education, meet new people, and try new things. 



I had the pleasure of seeing a lot of my friends again and also had the opportunity to meet new friends.  I consider them all my second family and they have been nice enough to invite us in their homes.  I have also made some connections with some people and I am considering taking my nursing skills with me to the Dominican Republic some time, maybe next year or down the road, but I would love to give back and use my passion of nursing to care for others. 



  
I want to thank everyone who made this possible.  Your help it is greatly appreciated!  Also, huge thanks to Carol and Christine, without you two, the trip would not be what it is today.  Also a thanks to Rory and Lee Ann (AKA my breakfast buddy), you two made the trip so much fun.  I can’t wait to go “home” again!

Chase Smith, Chaperon, Bath Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment