Monday, August 15, 2016

Final Reflection - Lee Ann Gray





Serving as a chaperone for the Dominican Republic 4-H Service week was truly an amazing and unforgettable experience.  This trip is so well-organized and well-managed, with opportunities to really experience the culture and the people of the country.  I absolutely LOVED the 4-H day camp experience, as the campers were just wide-eyed at all the crafts and activities that we provided for them!

The resort was just phenomenal, providing a safe and fun environment for us to enjoy, which was much-appreciated after long service days. The food and activities at the resort were really great. 

I also loved that the Dominican teens were able to visit with the American teens throughout the week, establishing lifelong connections and friendships. Watching the teens, my son in particular,  grow, explore, network, serve, and connect with the Dominican people and culture was so rewarding. 

I am just so thrilled that I had the opportunity to serve as a chaperone for this trip.  I am amazed at how connected I felt to the DR after just one week, thanks to the opportunities provided by the program directors.  I can highly recommend this trip to 4-H teens and adults who are ready for an amazing adventure!!

 LeeAnn Gray, Chaperon from Alleghany County



 

No comments:

Post a Comment