Monday, August 15, 2016

Final Reflection - Emilie Webb


 
During the past week, while being in the Dominican Republic, I learned more about the people. It's so easy to sit in our air conditioned homes and yet still complain about going to work the next day or having to do a simple chore. While being in the DR, I learned that the people were always just so happy. It didn’t matter to them what they had, they were all just so happy to have what they could. It really put a different perspective for me, because I was able to see how overly joyful they truly were. It taught me not to complain about what I have or have to do. But rather to be thankful for what my parents have given me. I will definitely look through another perspective while being home. Overall, the trip was absolutely amazing and I would love to go back again and see the campers and the people I met. I would recommend that anyone in 4-H should at least go one. You’ll be able to see through a different pair of eyes just how blessed we truly are.


Emilie Webb, Shenandoah County



No comments:

Post a Comment